Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nutrisystem Nation-Week Two

OK, so this week two post is a little later than I wanted to do it.  Hubby decided at the last minute last week to go camping for the weekend and here we are trying to get everything done in a hurry to get out of town for the weekend.  Then when we get back, of course there is all of the unpacking to do and then catching up on laundry.  Seems like I had to wash every blanket and pillow!

So week two on Nutrisystem proved to be a huge challenge for me.  In getting everything ready for camping, I seemed to lose my way a little bit.  I found it a lot harder to stay on as we ended up going out for dinner or picking up things for dinner most of the week.  I stuck to the plan for most of the day and ended up getting healthier alternatives for dinners, but to say that I was disappointed in myself would be an understatement.  I ended up losing two pounds for the week bringing my total weight loss on the Nutrisystem program to 6 pounds total in two weeks, but I couldn't help thinking if I would have been in the right mindset, I would have lost more.  I also wasn't in the gym as much as I would have liked.  I tried to eat sensibly while we were camping as well.  I brought my foods with me and followed the plan with some fresh fruits and vegetables.  I packed some fresh broccoli in our cooler and snacked on it during the day when I was hungry.  Of course, I strayed away from the plan for dinner once again because we had hot dogs over the fire, but I was smart about it and ate them in moderation.  For me though, I feel it was a disappointing week, and I am working hard to do better for week number three.


The thing I really have loved best about the Nutrisystem plan is the breakfasts.  I am loving the Chocolate Chip Scone and the Double Chocolate Muffin!  I pair these with some yogurt and juice in the morning and it really is a satisfying meal not to mention who doesn't love chocolate in the morning?  Another meal I really enjoyed for this week was the Glazed Chicken Tenders with Green Beans and Almonds.  This was SOOO good and had a delicious flavor!

Here is a sample of how Nutrisystem gets such wonderful success stories and how their program works:

The Science Behind The System

So, what’s our secret? Simple—we’ve got science on our side.
Nutrisystem is based on the proven science of the Glycemic Index, and eating low-GI meals 5 to 6 times a day helps keep your blood sugar and metabolism stable, so your body burns calories more effectively.
Plus, we’ve found a way to make dieting doable by providing you with the foods you love-minus the guilt.
Menu staples like Lasagna, Mac & Cheese, and chocolate are given a good-for-you spin with fiber, protein and good carbs to help control cravings and keep you feeling satisfied, then packaged into just the right portion size so you never go overboard.
All in all, it’s a complete, balanced approach to losing weight and living healthier.

Want to take the first step to a new you?  Want to lose the weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem?  Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or visit Nutrisystem.

Week three progress will be posted sometime tomorrow, wish me luck!

Disclosure-I received the Nutrisystem program free of charge as well as support services and information in exchange for weekly posts on my progress as part of the Nurtisystem Nation Blogging Program.  Results are not typical for everyone and may vary.  The words expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.  I abide by all FTC rules and regulations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

*It's not about getting thru it...it's about getting something out of it.
Bob Harper
*I can't save you, you have to save yourself.
Jillian Michaels
*Stand up and finish what you started.
Bob Harper
*This isn't about winning a game, it's about fixing what's broken.
Bob Harper
*Can't is just a reason to quit.
Jillian Michaels
Hard Work, Dedication...-Dolvett Quince


Powered by Blogger.