Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sharing the Happiness

How is it that you share your happiness on a daily basis?

Do you offer a stranger a smile or maybe a head nod as you are walking down the street or on a sidewalk as you pass them by?  
Do you sing or hum a favorite song while you are a work and even though you're happy, you keep your co workers wondering just what is going on with you?
How about giving your kids a hug and completely catching them off guard?

Sharing happiness is something that we should all do on a daily basis.  There are mornings when I wake up that I am in a fantastic mood and I jump out of bed, just eager to start the day.  It could be as easy as making your kids a special batch of pancakes for breakfast, packing a lunch for your husband with a little note inside that says "I Love You", or doing something special for a co worker by taking them to lunch or bringing them a treat.  I can tell you first hand, I have done all of these things and nothing makes me happier than spreading joy all around.  We've all had bad days, I know first hand that I have had my share and I would come home and the hubby would smile at me and give me a hug or the kids would kiss me and say how happy they were to see me.  Man, that is the best feeling in the world for sure!  No matter what the world hands you, there are just those moments in your life when you wonder why it is you were mad in the first place.

We look around and see all the people who are struggling, the homeless or someone that has lost their job.  They need a little happiness in their lives, a reason to smile, even if it is for just a moment.  A handshake or a positive word can go a long way.  Even if you just walk up to someone and offer them a encouraging sign, that could move someone and bring a little ray of sunshine where there may have been none.  A little happiness goes a long way and you will be refreshed and amazed at how wonderful you will feel.

I try to incorporate a little happiness in every single day, even those days when I am not sure I can muster up any.  Whether I give my girls hugs and kisses or tell them a story, making them happy is always my top priority.  I also instill that happiness in them, to encourage them to be good to people and help out whenever they can.  My oldest daughter always asks me what she can do to help or what will make me happy.  I often tell her almost on a daily basis that nothing makes me happier than seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, and just being who she is.  To me, that truly is the definition of happiness and all that I will ever need.

Disclosure-I wrote this blog post by participating in the Social Mom's and Hershey's blogging program for a gift card worth $25 and free product.  For more on how you can participate, please click HERE.

More info on Hershey's, click HERE 
Hershey's on Facebook HERE 

Hershey's Drops Hershey’s Drops are sold in 8 oz. resealable, standup pouches, keeping them fresh and delicious. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops will also come in King Size 2.1 oz. packs. New Hershey’s Drops are sold nationwide at mass, grocery, drug and convenience stores.
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and more than 12,000 employees. With revenues of more than $5 billion, Hershey offers such iconic brands as Hershey’s, Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Kit Kat, Twizzlers and Ice Breakers as well as the smooth, Cremey indulgence of Hershey’s Bliss chocolates. Hershey is a leader in the fast-growing dark and premium chocolate segment, with such brands as Hershey’s Special Dark and Hershey’s Extra Dark. In addition, Artisan Confections Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hershey Company, markets such premium chocolate offerings as Scharffen Berger and Dagoba. For more than 100 years, The Hershey Company has been a leader in making a positive difference in the communities where we live, work and do business. The Milton Hershey School, established by the company’s founder in 1909, provides a nurturing environment, quality education, housing, and medical care at no cost to children in social and financial need. The School is administered by the Hershey Trust Company, Hershey’s largest shareholder, making the students of Milton Hershey School direct beneficiaries of Hershey’s success. Please visit us at www.hersheys.com. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

*It's not about getting thru it...it's about getting something out of it.
Bob Harper
*I can't save you, you have to save yourself.
Jillian Michaels
*Stand up and finish what you started.
Bob Harper
*This isn't about winning a game, it's about fixing what's broken.
Bob Harper
*Can't is just a reason to quit.
Jillian Michaels
Hard Work, Dedication...-Dolvett Quince


Powered by Blogger.