Friday, June 26, 2009

The Death of Michael Jackson

I have been desperately trying all night last night and half the day today to put into words exactly how I feel about the tragic death of Michael Jackson. As I watched the story unfold yesterday, I sat in complete shock, it had only been a few hours since the passing of Farrah Fawcett, and yet here in front of me was the possibility if yet another star (icon) in a battle for life. Let me say that I have been a fan of Michael Jackson since my cousin gave me the Off The Wall record back when I was a kid and I have followed him ever since through the height of his career and through the tough and sometimes bizarre parts of his life. When he was pronounced dead at around 5:26 pm last evening, I felt my heart sink and I literally felt sick, I still do. Those people out there that have posted rude and crude message on Facebook and other message boards today have absolutely no idea what this man truly meant to the world through his music and his life. Sure he made mistakes, don't we all? He was a true artist, a magician of music and dance, and did some wonderful things for charities and organizations all around. I remember Michael Jackson on this day for his music, I have been playing it and listening to it for most of the morning. I have watched CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News all morning, I just can't turn away. It is a sad day for us as fans and more than that his beautiful children, mother, father and 8 brothers and sisters. Let's remember Michael Jackson for what he truly was, a brilliant musician, a father, a son and a sibling that was truly loved around the world. He will be forever etched in history and beloved by many, me included. Rest in Peace Michael, may you not be in anymore pain and suffering, you will truly be missed by all.

Eloise

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

*It's not about getting thru it...it's about getting something out of it.
Bob Harper
*I can't save you, you have to save yourself.
Jillian Michaels
*Stand up and finish what you started.
Bob Harper
*This isn't about winning a game, it's about fixing what's broken.
Bob Harper
*Can't is just a reason to quit.
Jillian Michaels
Hard Work, Dedication...-Dolvett Quince


Powered by Blogger.